|Jan 6, 2022
System Programmers with Ideal / Datacom experience.
z/OS systems programmer 5-8 years experience.
number of hours for this resource is 400 annually, on-call 24x7, possibly on-site with availability to be on site in the event of an emergency.
• 8 years’ experience in a z/OS environment, duties below:
• Install, maintain, remove/delete system, application software
• Maintain system/application software applying corrective and preventive PTFs, ZAPs, and fixes, provided by vendor using IBM’s SMPE, CA-Chorus, or other vendor product
• IBM programming languages: Assembler for system and application support, COBOL for general application issues.
• PLUS Languages: SAS, Easytrieve, etc.
• CICS Transaction Server (CICS TS) commands, debugging, administration, table definition (CEDA), etc.
• Familiar with subsystem administration and commands: JES2 commands, VTAM, & TCP/IP, SMS, and WLM
• z/OS JCL, TSO/E, ISPF, SDSF, DFSORT, REXX and z/OS utilities: IEBGENR, etc
• Knowledge of z/OS Unix System Services (USS) commands and scripts, REXX
• Knowledge of HTTP, HTML, and CGI scripts (REXX)
• FDR/ABR backup, restore, and archival, and utilities
• Able to ‘wear multiple hats’ to address and resolve issues
• CA-Datacom/DB, CA-IDEAL, and SQL is a plus