|Sep 3, 2021
Systems Administrator / Network Engineer
Location: Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Start Date: October 1, 2021
UNIS RedHat Systems Administrator / Network Engineer
Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township area.
Design, development, implementation, analysis of aviation related technical products and systems.
Systems Administration and Network Engineering and support within Secure Operational Support Environment and NASQuest platform. Maintain hardware/software/applications. Full range of Systems Administration and Network Engineering support, development and execution, program planning and administration under AJM-2 umbrella.
• Transition NASQuest to Secure-OSE
• Support NAS and Non-NAS systems under AJM-2 umbrella.
• Technical and operational support, requirements writing, development, testing,
• Documentation, risk assessment, evaluation, subject matter expertise, operations integration,
• Security, and impact analysis to systems that affect the National Airspace System (NAS).
• Operations and maintenance of various platforms within OSE.
• Transition of NASQuest platform and associated applications to OSE
• Operations Maintenance of Common Development Environment hosted in OSE
• Configure/maintain Red Hat and Solaris operating systems for various AJM-2 systems
• Configure/maintain Cisco routers, switches running Cisco IOS for various AJM-2 systems
• Configure/maintain NexSAN and NetApp storage devices for various AJM-2 systems
• Configure/maintain DNS, Red Hat IdM, NTP, Sendmail, Apache, ColdFusion,
• Tomcat, MariaDB, MongoDB, Oracle, Iptables, etc.
• Configuration management tools, ClearCase, SVN, CVS, environment.
• OTS drivers software loads, upgrades, updates,patches.
• CPU utilization, memory utilization, swap space, disk usage,
• Network congestion, security, corrective action.
• Trend analysis to predict behavior, identify problems.
• System backups, recovery, tests backups to ensure success.
• Apply security hardening standards
• Adopt baselines to ensure maximum protection.
• Design/develop infrastructure monitoring, reporting tools.
• Develop/maintain configuration management solutions.
• Develop/maintain applications with team make the most out of the available infrastructure.
• Create/maintain systems and procedures documentation.
• Assist end users with system use, application configurations and general inquiries.
• Write reports/briefings on program evaluations, recommendations, improvements, and risks
• Review system logs daily
• Manage user accounts (create, activate, deactivate users for required systems as requested)
• BS/BA, preferably in engineering (STEM, civil, electrical, electronic, chemical, industrial, mechanical, aeronautical, avionics, environmental),s or 10 years of related experience.
• U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain Public Trust Clearance
• 2+ years’ experience Systems Administration, Networking (troubleshooting, engineering, configuration, testing, management)
• Measure system performance, throughput, response times, resource, CPU, memory, thread utilization and IO statistics.
• Work with Application Development teams, identify, troubleshoot, debug performance issues.