|Aug 24, 2021
Business Analyst/User Experience Lead
Location: Windsor Mill, MD
BA/UX Lead - Top 5 Required Skills
1) Business/Requirements Analysis, Demonstrate work in an Agile experience (tools; Jira, created storyboard, features, user stories, sixing etc.),
2) UX Wireframing using UX tools, Data Analysis using data from Structured and Unstructured data sources, using BI tools as an Analyst
3) Product validation (Usability, Data and Functionality)
4) Communications, Presentation/Articulation, Team work, Collaboration, Medicare/Healthcare Domain Knowledge
5) Prefer any Agile and UX tool certifications
BA/UX Lead with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) systems or with healthcare performance measures a plus. Manage activities defining reporting requirements, interpret data, validate usefulness of existing reports, gathering additional reporting requirements, and establishing the development priorities.
Improve CMS existing reporting strategy transitioning towards user-centric design. Evaluate existing end-user tools and industry-leading tools to enhance the CMS reporting environment, distribution strategies, QA procedures, end-user training and materials.
Agile requirements gathering for sprint story refinement, user experience (UX) design, acceptance test-driven development (ATDD), DevOps, automated testing, regression testing, software release and deployment, documentation, help desk/maintenance support, and knowledge Transfer.
BA/UX General Responsibilities:
• Liaison among stakeholders; analyze, communicate, validate requirements and business processes.
• Develop, maintain, and provide feedback for customer process documentation.
• Requirements documentation for business, functional, nonfunctional requirements.
• Develop process models, use cases, and scenarios.
• Facilitate and manage group requirements review session.
• Manage resolve requirements using Collabtool, Serena RM, SharePoint.
• Program and system expertise in support of the program and project leadership.
• Member of an agile team to work in design sprints, collaborative sketching, rapid prototyping
• Feedback on designs, tracking your own work in task management Applications such as JIRA.
• Qualitative studies (surveys, focus groups, card sorts, interviews, user feedback in design process.
• Analyze results and clearly communicate findings to project teams and the Client.
• Build on user research and analysis to create user journeys, personas, and sitemaps.
• Present findings and recommendations to project teams and the client.
• Develop UI sketches, wireframes, and prototypes for desktop, tablet, and mobile phone sizes to show
• User and screen flow, navigation, and interaction details.
• Create information architectures, taxonomies for large applications, websites with healthcare content.
• Design concepts to peers, larger project teams, clients, explain rationale, functionality
• With business analysts, develop UI requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria.
• Work with client/team, determine post-launch metrics, translate into project requirements, plans.
• Qualitative/Quantitative data for web/application metrics, focus groups, usability tests client collateral
• Manage user experience through the lifecycle, thoughtful designed product comes to life
• Providing direction, consultation, and timely feedback during all project phases.
• Act as a project team and corporate resource for usability best practices and standards.
• With the UX team, define enterprise UX practices and standards where they do not currently exist.
• Wireframing/UX tools; Figma, Balsamiq etc helpful.
• Build high fidelity wireframes to meet/exceed customer usability expectations.
• Resource for Section 508 accessibility issues as they relate to requirements, design, implementation.
BA/BS in human computer interaction, design, or equivalent professional experience.
8-10 years BA Analyst/UX designer, information architect, interaction on large-scale custom applications.
One year of experience working in Agile sprint teams, with responsive design.
Other Skills Preferred:
Communicate professionally with all levels of the organization, both written and verbal.
Lead and direct a team, manage resources, and to collaborate with managers across programs.
Prepare business correspondence, coherent, grammatically correct, professional, and engaging.
Develop requirements; interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints. Use Business Intelligence tools demonstrating usability of Dashboards, Reports and design sprints