|Jun 12, 2020
|Oak Ridge, TN
Deployment Engineer III
Location: U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission One White Flint North 11555
Rockville Pike Rockville, MD 20852
Temp or Temp to Perm (FTE): Temp to hire
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust
Typical Work day: Standard
Growth and Development opportunities within role include: Potential for temp to
move to permanent position.
- Assist in enterprise images’ architecture, implementation, maintenance of
organization's desktop infrastructure environments including installation,
upgrades, software deployment, patching, and high-level troubleshooting.
- Develop and document architectural design for endpoint hardware (both physical
and virtual) as well as operating systems configurations and management
- Perform secure baseline image creation and tailoring of Windows operating
system images for specific hardware configurations from a common core baseline.
- Conduct Windows 10 Readiness and Compatibility Assessment of hardware,
software, and infrastructure environment.
- Support application packaging, deployments, documentation, and release control
in an Enterprise environment.
- Writes documentation, including project plans, backup plans, business
continuance, installation procedures, and troubleshooting tips. Creates diagrams,
including technical topology.
- Develop Windows 10 Base Image, crafting the operating system and GPO
settings so that they integrate with all enterprise hardware and software.
- Create / maintain custom task sequences and other custom code for front-end
- Validate that each image meets the customers’ supplied requirements and
internal quality guidelines
- Provide desktop management automation through scripting to deliver consistent
and predictable services
- Ensure that the images load without errors and completely in all supported
scenarios (e.g. Vendor staging, DMA, bare metal re-image, USB Flash Drive, USB
Drive, Network, etc.)
- Work in close relation with the Release Manager and Application Packagers.
- Maintain documentation of their activities and having checklists for the various
tasks in their respective area of responsibility.
- Open and follow-up on incidents with the hardware vendors in the event of a
problem relating to A supported hardware platform
- Keep abreast of changes occurring in the client environment that could have an
impact on deliverables.
- Ensure that the drivers and UEFI/BIOS levels and configurations are certified.
- Conduct sanity testing of images before it is handed out for QA testing.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree (in Computer Science or related
field) or equivalent, and 8 - 12 years of related experience, including at least 7
years specializing in Windows desktop, server and enterprise technologies.
Working understanding of Active Directory including Kerberos, GPO, LDAP, and
basic Forest/Domain design/deployment.
? Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory to include implementation of
group policy objects (GPOs).
? Proficient in scripting, PowerShell a must.
? Experience configuring and maintaining Microsoft Windows security
? Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. Ability to
create packages, deployments, task sequences, and site configuration and
? Familiar with Microsoft Windows OSD (Operating System Deployment) principles
and implementation including Sysprep, Windows Image Format (WIM), Unattended
automation, User State Migration Tool (USMT), Windows Preinstallation
Environment (WinPE), and Preboot Execution Environment (PXE).
? Microsoft Windows 7 through Windows 10 operating systems build-out, imaging
and deployment, backup & restore, patching, hardware management, resource
management and allocation, troubleshooting, vendor management, critical incident
? Windows Servers: 2012 R2, 2016 (physical and VM) experience highly desired.