|Jun 9, 2020
Network Routing Design Engineer - Senior
Role Summary: Under broad direction, perform general Local Area Network
(LAN)/Body Area Network (BAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) administration and
provides technical expertise in the performance, design, configuration, and testing
of complex large-scale computer networks. Assist the Domain Architect in the
daily engineering duties on systems. IAT III Cert and DoD Secret Clearance
Job Description: The Network Routing Design Engineer - Sr will be expected to
perform the following Overall
• Manages technical expertise in developing, deploying, and managing
professional services solutions exclusively to Federal Government on a fee-for-
service or billable hours basis.
• Develops and applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in
the investigation and solution of advanced system requirements and problems.
• Plans, develops and technically directs projects or major phases of significant
projects, coordinating the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of
• Develops investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
• Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of
• Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or
enhancements and makes recommendations to management.
• Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
Consults on technical implications to other organizations.
• Oversees work of lower-level engineers
• Evaluates and design communication hardware and software, troubleshoots
LAN/BAN/WAN and other network related problems, provides technical expertise
for performance, design and configuration of networks.
• Support traffic analysis and traffic shaping design plans.
• Design the capabilities and features that allow end users to for access of
internal and external web content via Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and
• Design capabilities for caching and proxy, to include control of content
accessed through proxy (Filter by category, allow policy application scheduling,
and apply updates of automated filter categories from a Government approved
• Assist with the development and integration of identity and access
management requirements and monitor security updates in accordance with
• Design and integrate multivendor solutions utilizing Cisco, Juniper, Brocade
and other vendor technologies.
• Design, Develop and Integrate network routing utilizing Border Gateway
Protocol (BGP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Open
Shortage Path First (OSPF), and perform network security utilizing Virtual Routing
and Forwarding (VRF), Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), Access Control List
(ACL), Internet Protocol Security (IPSEC) and Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2
Required Skills, Certification, Experience, and Education:
• In-depth knowledge of BGP, OSPF and other routing protocols, particularly
• Must be able to integrate multiple routing protocols (i.e. route redistribution)
• Understanding of TCP protocols and OSI layers
• Comprehensive knowledge of Routers and Switches, Installing and
• Experience using Network Management tools. Review and evaluate various
testing reports, such as ACAS, and effectively mitigate reported vulnerabilities and
help assess risks.
o Advanced knowledge of QOS, IPSEC, GRE
• Expert knowledge of Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
• Minimum 10 years related IT experience with multi-vendor networks
• Experience with formal Systems Engineering processes/methodologies
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Certified in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance
Technician Level III.
• Advanced industry certification – CCNP, JNCIP, etc.
• Must possess ITIL V3.
• Experience working in large Tier 1 carrier networks
• Experience with Navy/Marine Corps, DISA and Joint interoperability of
network design, integration and implementation.
• Experience with MPLS Carrier supporting Carrier
• Experience working in Agile and DevOps environments
• CISSP Certification