|Jun 9, 2020
• The uWAN Network Engineer manages technical expertise in developing,
deploying, and managing professional services solutions exclusively to Federal
Government clients on a fee-for-service or billable hours basis.
• Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develops and applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in
the investigation and solution of advanced system requirements and problems.
• Plans, develops and technically directs projects or major phases of significant
projects, coordinating the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of
• Develops investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
• Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of
• Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or
enhancements and makes recommendations to management.
• Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services. Consults
on technical implications to other organizations.
• Leads lower level employees.
Required Skills, Certification, Experience, and Education:
• In-depth knowledge of BGP, OSPF and other routing protocols, particularly
• Must be able to integrate multiple routing protocols (i.e. route redistribution)
• Understanding of TCP protocols and OSI layers
• Comprehensive knowledge of Routers and Switches, Installing and
• Experience using Network Management tools. Review and evaluate various
testing reports, such as ACAS, and effectively mitigate reported vulnerabilities and
help assess risks.
o Advanced knowledge of QOS, IPSEC, GRE
• Minimum 8 years related IT experience with multi-vendor networks
• Experience with formal Systems Engineering processes/methodologies
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• SEC+ CE certification
• Industry Certification – CCNA, CCNP, or JNCIS