|Jul 18, 2019
|Panama City, FL
Engineering Designer IV / Design Manager
Location: Tyndall AFB Panama City, FL
Duration: 1 Year +
Clearances: US Citizen Public Trust
• Registered Professional Engineer or Architect in Florida (or ability to obtain registration via reciprocity).
• Project Management Institute (PMI)
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
• 10+ years program and project management of DoD MILCON, FSRM, or comparable programs/projects.
Master Engineering, Architecture ABET-accredited university, institution
• Design Manager experience in defense infrastructure programs,well-developed professional skills and a proven track record of leadership and management.
• Work collaboratively with a team of people from across multiple organizations and the company.
Tyndall Air Force Base (AFB) Rebuild Program Management Office (PMO)
• Design Engineer will be on site with our U.S. Air Force (USAF) client
• Overseeing the design of Military Construction (MILCON) and Facility Sustainment, Restoration and Modernization (FSRM) projects on behalf of the client.
• Many stakeholders, end-users, contractors will be involved and important to integrate the various designs and plans to ensure they are cohesive.
• Coordinate closely with the project management staff within the PMO, stakeholders (both internal and external to the USAF) to accomplish this.
• Performing Design and Management of a $500+ million reconstruction program.
• Requires strong leadership and communications skills
• Ability to influence others to obtain successful results, demonstrated organizational and political acumen
• Skill to coordinate a diverse team of technical experts under the supervision and direction of the Tyndall PMO Executive Director (USAF/Government) and the Senior Program Manager (Program Management Integration Contractor [PMIC] Team).
Additional responsibilities include:
• Ensure project designs, facility designs, area development plans, architectural plans are integrated with each other, internally-consistent, and cohesive;
• Assist and coordinate with PMIC Senior Program Manager on design- and planning-related issues;
• Hold planning charrettes to gather requirements from end-users
• Plan, organize, communicate, and coordinate project design and design engagements;
• Participate in facility assessments, meet with user groups/stakeholders, determine facility requirements
• Coordinate, facilitate, and influence project managers, the design/construction manager/agents, and contractors on project designs, design reviews, design charrettes and comprehensive project design status including siting, approvals, permitting, programming, requirements development, design, construction, and transfer/acceptance;
• Coordinate project design and review completeness of submittals including O&M manuals;
• Coordinate Architectural/Engineering (A/E) services through reach back to Leidos technical subject matter experts and sub-consultancy services as required;
• Technical advice to PMO and others on engineering change proposals, unfunded requirements, construction management QA services, and engineering during construction (EDC);
• Drive project design issues through to resolution.
• Drive process improvement in design development and delivery process;
• Manage design activities of varying levels of completion simultaneously on multiple projects;
• Ensure issues are documented, managed, and resolved
• Develop design review plans, RFI management plans, and coordinate on implementation of a design review/RFI management IT system
|Can create custom benefit plan|