|Oct 29, 2018
CBT Instructional Designer/ Stafford, Virginia
Location: Quantico, VA
Clearance: Secret Clearance
* Solution-specific, efficient, cost-effective training to Marine Corps personnel for Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) Operations and Sustainment (O&S) program.
* Augment currently instructor-led training materials and user guides, design, develop, and deliver high-quality Shareable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) 2004-Compliant self-paced computer-based training (CBT) modules following Marine Corps Systems Approach to Training (SAT) methodology.
* Modules will provide training on ITSM processes and tool suite functionality as implemented in the USMC environment and will allow for self-evaluation, navigational control, and tracking.
* Self-paced delivery method grants geographically dispersed Marine Corps personnel 24/7 access to training, and becomes part of a full ITSM process learning library that consists of user guides, instructor guides, and process guidance documents.
* Under limited supervision, works as a team member on projects and may be responsible for ensuring projects are within allotted timeline and scope.
* Projects are typically moderately complex in nature, sometimes follow a repeatable framework, and require some analytical skills in defining scope and objectives. Attends and may lead CBT development meetings.
* Ensure adherences to quality standards.
* Communicates to internal team members and possibly to client/vendors.
Job Contribution: Technical professional with some experience. Sound technical knowledge growing through application, expanding knowledge of AT&T technologies.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
* Designs and develops complex level interactive computer-based courseware for customer training.
* Oversees integrity of task analysis, training requirements, instructional materials, and evaluation plans.
* Converts complex level written materials and/or training requirements to interactive courseware.
* Develops flow diagrams and story boards. Designs instructionally sound complex level lessons in a variety of delivery media.
* Collaborates with customer and subject matter experts to oversee technical accuracy of instructional content. Develops and augments manuals, workbooks, CBTs and videos. * Team member on projects and is responsible for ensuring project deliverables are within allotted timeline.
* Projects are typically moderately complex in nature, sometimes follow a repeatable framework, and require some analytical skills in creating real life scenario driven material.
* Create work plans, schedules, project estimates, and status reports. Attends and may lead project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis.
* Adherences to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
* Four years of applicable experience as an instructional-training developer/engineer working on technical Government and/or large commercial projects.
* The candidate’s breadth of working knowledge and experience should include most if not all of the following areas:
• Learn new systems and software, both independently and with subject matter experts, to be able to apply customer requirements and training needs to a training solution.
• Design, develop and deliver programs, both instructor-led and computer-based, for government contracts, including: process and tool training, Train the Trainer programs, and various technical and desktop software applications.
• Identify and utilize industry best practices to assess and address training gaps, understand audience level of understanding, create and execute plans that align learning to operational needs, and continually improve programs; use metrics to measure training effectiveness
• Possess familiarity and experience working with training environments in the following capacities: ensuring that the training environments are kept in-sync with production environments; running test modules or procedures in mirror locations to ensure that valid outcomes and results match; working with various IT staff in testing and validating end user systems and operational procedures; and modifying and enhancing training environments to provide the most effective training experience for the learner.
• Practice methodical approach to training development with a keen eye for editing to include grammar, spelling, content, and formatting; create engaging interactive training solutions that utilize branching techniques for scenarios
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; programming experience.
• B.A. or B.S degree in a technical discipline (e.g., business, organizational development, instructional design, engineering, computer science, etc.) and a minimum of two years of IT experience with two years directly applicable to instructional-training development/engineering.
• Developing/delivering process training
• Work with client leadership to develop training plans, perform customer relations duties, provide status reports, and collaborate with SMEs
• Masters in Instructional Design, Business Administration or related field degree in a technical discipline (e.g., business, organizational development, instructional design, engineering, computer science, etc.) and a minimum of 6 years of IT experience with 4 years directly applicable to instructional-training development/engineering.
• Excellent editing, communication and facilitation skills.
• Ability to work independently and across organizations to develop a clear plan for implementation of new processes.
• Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+) or other relevant certification
• Instructional System Design (ISD) experience
• Learning Management System (LMS) experience
• ITIL Foundation Certification and strong knowledge of ITIL framework.
• Experience on training development and roll-out / integration.
• Experience understanding and documenting customer requirements