|Oct 24, 2018
|Oak Ridge, TN
DevOps Engineer -
Location: Amarillo TX, or Oak Ridge, TN
Clearance: DOE Q
* DevOps Engineer work with DevOps principles and apply them to infrastructure, Windows, Linux, and VMWare.
* Identify opportunities to automate and containerize solutions.
* Solutions are well engineered, operable, and maintainable
* Work with IT project management organization to deliver solutions on schedule
* Track and document requirements for enterprise development projects
* Monitor current and future trends to affect organizational projects
* Acts as senior technical resources
* Work with enterprise architects to develop solutions which align to organization and mission needs
* Work with IT project management organization to allocate assigned labor/budget resources to execute project tasks
* Work with architecture team providing technical guidance to the business
* Interact with senior leadership and customers to promote current technologies and solutions
* Analytical and problem solving skills
* Promote environment which relies on teamwork and collaboration
* Take larger projects and break them down into manageable work units
Desktop Engineer and Application Engineer additional responsibilities include: Working with IT staff to utilize Git environment for maintaining DevOps scripts and other tools; Identifying and working with team of engineers and architects to configure and customize DevOps solutions; and Working with software development teams on container technologies and how containers could be used in the IT environment.
Security Engineer additional responsibilities include: Collaborating with software development teams to establish secure coding practices; Working with software development teams and cyber security teams to establish application security testing methodologies and tools; Working with cyber security and security architect to establish secure methodologies for utilize cloud services such as Azure or AWS; and Assisting with the development of automated testing processes for IT products and services such as network switches, operating systems (Windows and Linux), software packages both COTS and locally developed, as well as cloud solutions.