|Oct 15, 2018
Mainframe System Engineer, Sr. IOSS 091
Telework: 2 Days a Week
LABOR CATEGORY DESCRIPTION:
* System Engineer, Sr. provide technical support in system architecture, system design, system integration and technical management.
* Technical input to the systems engineering process.
* Lead teams developing application and technical plans. * * Educate/Guide customers in the installation and use of strategic products, first-use and tuning assistance problem solving and critical situation resolution.
Systems Analysis – Mainframe Development
* Systems analysis/mainframe development services for the mainframe environment involving coding and testing in support of service requests and problems received from
* COBOL II, z/OS Compiler, Job Control Language (JCL), SAS (Statistical Analysis Systems), Customer Information Control System (CICS), Virtual Storage Access Method (VSAM), IBM DB2 Enterprise Server Edition (DB2), Integrated Database Management System (IDMS), ORACLE, and Model 204, CA7, TSO ISPF, SyncSort, ENDEVOR.
* Use tools and programming languages to develop, update and maintain Medical, Financial, other mainframe systems.
1. Write, execute, analyze benchmark programs to test proposed new software features.
2. Establish controls for an accurate and timely product.
3. Quality Assurance procedures and coordinate with all necessary elements to
ensure products conform to customer's requirements
4. Participate in the estimation process of projects.
5. Provide application programming support.
6. Maintain, update input screens, batch modules, related edit modules.
7. Maintain and update application modules, associated JCL, copybooks, PROCS, pertains to ITOPS IO projects.
8. Coordinate all work with other ITOPS IO application programmers and system programmers.
9. Analyze and recommend a test management process: analyze an application and determine testing requirements, develop test plans, create test cases and perform tests runs, report and track defects in the application and document the code changes and provide progress reports. Any
recommendations shall be provided to the COR/VA PM(s) for approval prior to any implementation.
10. Ensure new software is integrated with software.
11. Design/document output formats for printed file records, reports, depict positions that program/module is to print or display.
12. Design and document each data field and verify that the data field is large enough to accommodate the largest possible value it might contain and possible expansion.
13. Document detailed logic required by the program/module and all of its processing steps.
14. Analyze production problems and research solutions.
15. Status updates of multiple efforts to co-workers, team leaders and supervisors.
16. Design and document the overall software process flow to include interfacing systems.
17. Inform the Project Manager of any identified risks pertaining to the project.
18. Resolve all action items assigned resulting from product reviews and process audits.
19. Attend project meetings, conduct peer reviews, and participate in product reviews of the
Requirements and Design Specification documents.
20. Convey explanations and details to requirements and service requests, orally and in writing.
21. Utilize a change, configuration and release management product to create a new support request, retrieve, modify an existing support request, and close a support request.
22. Production callback, including outside normal duty hours, weekends, and holidays.
23. Adhere to all ITOPS IO program and naming standards
• 10 years senior-level experience
• Engineering, Computer Science, scientific /technical
• Masters or 10 additional years in lieu of degree