|Sep 13, 2018
Palo Alto SME:
The candidate must be a subject matter expert on Palo Alto Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS). Develop and tune signatures for Palo Alto IDS/IPS systems defending the Department of Defense Information Network. Perform cyber threat intelligence analysis, correlate actionable security events, perform network traffic analysis using raw packet data, net flow, IDS, IPS and custom sensor output as it pertains to the cyber security of communications networks, and participate in the coordination of resources during incident response efforts.
• Develop and tune Palo Alto Intrusion Detection and Prevention rules and signatures.
• Triage alerts to identify malicious actors on customer networks.
• Review DoD and open source intelligence for threats.
• Identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) and integrate those into sensors and SIEMs.
• Report incidents to customers and USCYBERCOM
• Active Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
• BS and 8+ years of prior relevant experience (4+ years of related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree)
• DoD 8570 IAT II prior to starting and CSSP-A Certification within 180 days of hire.
• Extensive familiarity with intrusion detection/prevention methodology.
• Experience with and ability to develop and tuning Palo Alto IDS/IPS signatures and rules.
• Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols.
• Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
• Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
• Willing to perform shift work.
• Advanced certifications such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP or CASP and/or SIEM-specific training and certification. (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent).
• Palo Alto certifications (ACE, PCNSE).
• CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization or Security Operations Center.
• Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain
• Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
• Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
• Demonstrated hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, FPC), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
• In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk).
• Experience and proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based