|Sep 12, 2018
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR, SR. IOSS 081
• Create plans to assure effective management, operations, and maintenance of systems and/or networks.
• Manage teams of system admins and can prioritize work and identify high risk critical problems, dedicate resources.
• Knowledge systems and network, high volume/high availability systems.
• Tier 2 and Tier 3 server administration for the operating systemsof the service line, applications.
• This can occur on any of the three shifts to provide 24x7x365 (except for Federal holidays where support will be provided on a call back basis)
• Windows Operating Systems (OS), Internet Information Services (IIS).
• Senior level (advanced) system administration activities
• Troubleshooting efforts when contacted by the National Service Desk (NSD).
• Ensure outages or incidents have been identified and are pending resolution within 24 hours for windows serves with operating systems version of 2003 or newer.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows OS, applications like IIS.
• Implement security hardening requirements
• Configurations in Service Requests, Change Orders.
• Communicate to project managers, team members, technical administrators and/or end users the status of work performed and findings with tickets, incidents, problems.
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate MCSA 2008/2012.
• MCSE preferred.
• Large infrastructure environment experience.
• Preferred Data Center experience.
• Troubleshooting, incidents and problems
• Resolve issues timely, determine fault, underlying issue.
• Work with both customer and vendor personnel.
• Patching, manage certificates, remediate vulnerabilities.
• Escalate or transfer tickets to VA staff that can resolve the issue further
• Coordinate with stakeholders of ticket status or request system changes.
• Maintain documentation for work space and procedures,
• Update procedures, to software, hardware layers
• Extensive PowerShell
• VMWare, vSphere Web Client,
• Performance Monitor & Computer Management Console
• Remote Desktop, RDCman
• SCCM, AD, DNS
• Service Now, CA Service Desk
TELEWORK: YES, WITH APPROVAL (Three (3)) DAYS A WEEK)