|Sep 12, 2018
Systems Engineering Support and Software Development
Program: Flight Service/Twenty-first century - FS21
Location: Ashburn VA,
US CITIZEN Required !
ROLES & DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
* Systems Engineering Support and Software Development
* Develop user needs, requirements, high level user stories
* Design user interface framework
* Develop client and server side components
* Design web pages; analyze
* Design databases within an application;
* Agile Scrum environment.
* Strong JAVA/J2EE/Web services, internet applications
* Integrate components of AFSS system,
* Conduct of informal/formal testing of the AFSS system.
* Integration and Testing of the AFSS system
* Test documentation, test cases, test scenarios, test tools, aids, execute tests and document results.
• Understand issues develop cost effective solutions
• Full-life cycle software applications development,
• Agile methodology, engineering, development, test, integration
• Object Oriented Programming JAVA, J2EE stack
• Spring Framework, • SOAP and REST web services
• Know Flight Services and aviation / air traffic control
• Developing and creation with XML Schemas and Definitions
• Experience with Test Driven Development
• Familiarization with VersionOne
• Experience with the J2EE product stack
Level 2 – Required Education and Experience
BS degree and 3+ years experience or bachelors with 5+ years experience or equivalent; wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in their field and provides solutions to a wide range of difficult problems with imaginative and thorough solutions; works under general direction, and results are reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives; failure to achieve results normally results in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources; frequent internal and external customer contacts and represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
Level 3 – Required Education and Experience
BS degree and 7+ years experience or bachelors with 9+ years experience or equivalent; applies extensive expertise; solves complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity; work is performed without appreciable direction and is reviewed for desired results from a relatively long time perspective; erroneous decisions would normally result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives; may function in project leadership roles and represents the organization as prime customer contact on significant technical matters on contracts.
Level 4 – Required Education and Experience
Expert authority in discipline typically with an advanced degree and 12+ years experience or bachelors with 14+ years experience or equivalent; applies advanced concepts, theories, and principles and contributes toward the development of new principles and concepts; works unusually complex problems with consultative direction; erroneous decisions would normally result in failure to achieve goals critical to major organizational objectives and damage the image of the organization’s technological capability; advises top management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications; managerial/leadership experience or necessary skills.
• Deliver high quality work products on or ahead of schedule
• Follow all documented Leidos and AFSS program processes
• Meet or beat all individual and team objectives/milestones
• Support assigned Agile Team – participate in team activities and meetings, support team planning and assist in establishing team priorities
• Use the most efficient methods to accomplish tasks
• Work overtime and/or off-hours if necessary to meet deadlines
• Provide off-site support when necessary
• Maintain a team oriented and positive attitude
• Communicate effectively and constructively with all members of the team
• Suggest process/product improvements to enhance the quality and/or timeliness of program efforts
The Subcontractor shall notify the Leidos Subcontract Program Manager (SPM) of any staffing issues which may compromise meeting target delivery dates as soon as the issue is identified and provide Leidos with a plan to address and resolve such issues.
PLANNING AND PROGRESS REPORTING
On an as-needed basis, participate in task planning and shall provide progress status to the appropriate Leidos technical leads and/or managers.
• Accomplishments for the week against plan Schedule status
• Plans for the next week
• Risk identification and mitigation
• Suggestions and recommendations
• Interface daily with the Leidos AFSS Technical Manager or his/her designee, for update and status of AFSS activities.
• Review status of employees with the Leidos AFSS Technical Manager on a bi-annual basis.
• Discuss employee performance on a more frequent basis if they deem it necessary.
• Periodic Reviews/Meetings/Reports are to be delivered to the Leidos AFSS Technical Manager.
• Emergency notification of any detrimental situations involving employee safety should be reported immediately to the local Service Area Manager, followed by contacting the Technical Operations Manager as well as the AFSS 24 Hour Service Desk. All notifications should be completed as soon as possible but no later than one hour.
• The Leidos AFSS Technical Manager and the Engineering staff shall agree upon other reporting requirements.
Leidos facility located in either Ashburn, VA.
After about a year on this program. possibility of working remote with approval the Leidos AFSS Technical Manager.
Travel must be approved in advance by the Leidos AFSS Technical Manager and Subcontract Administrator.