|Sep 11, 2018
Cloud System Architect IOSS 081
SYSTEM ARCHITECT “CLOUD”
LABOR CATEGORY DESCRIPTION:System Architect must have experience between applications, operating systems, hardware and software. Creating a network architecture that takes all factors of a network into consideration such as functional requirements, technical considerations, business processes and end users. Creating a wide variety of IT system architectures that are beneficial and can be implemented. Experience in total system design including networks.
• Automation/configuration management; Ansible, Puppet, Chef.
• Open-source technologies and cloud services.
• Lifecycle system engineering for IT Infrastructure.
• Java, .NET, PHP, Python, PowerShell, Perl and/or Ruby
• Best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service (e.g., SRE).
• Obtain and maintain a VA security clearance.
• Experience with AWS and/or Azure.
• Relationship building skills, maintaining a high level of professionalism.
• Bachelor’s degree computer science, software engineering, information systems, or equivalent technical discipline 5 years of cloud technology experience.
• Amazon or Azure Cloud Certification.
• Defense or intelligence community Cloud environments,
• AWS GovCloud, MilCloud, Microsoft Azure Government (MAG).
• Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
• Web Application Security Assessment (WASA)
• National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST).
• Security and compliance; HIPAA, PHI, CIS Benchmarks etc.
• SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus).
• Web Application Development.
• Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
• AWS Cloud Formation, MAG Resource Manager.
• Design, implement, maintain internal and external Cloud-based solutions and infrastructure across multiple public and private Clouds and regions, Azure, AWS, client data centers.
• Automate management and orchestration tasks
• Streamline processes, standard administration functions
• Procedures to automate various systems and tasks,
• Automating code builds and deployments.
• Conduct systems upgrade and maintenance.
• Alerting and monitoring.
• Define functional and operational requirements.
• Create high-level specifications, feasibility, functionality, integration with existing systems/platforms.
• Research and promote new DevOps tools to simplify processes and identify opportunities for improving existing processes or implementing new process automation.
• Assist security team with reviewing system security to prevent, detect, and respond to threats
• Managing production/non-production support issues.
• Collaborate with architects to represent DevOps during the design and development of software or extensive revisions to existing applications.
• Work with heads of internal groups to find innovative solutions to their problems and make recommendations.
• Lead spec and design meetings.
LOCATION: AITC, AUSTIN, TX,
POSSIBLE 100% REMOTE, 1ST 8 WKS IN AUSTIN
EXPECTED PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: THRU MARCH 2021