|Aug 14, 2018
System Engineer, Sr. RFP 0070
LOCATION: Austin AITC
LABOR CATEGORY DESCRIPTION:
* Technical support in system architecture, system design, system integration and technical management.
* Technical input to the systems engineering process.
* Leads teams in developing application and technical plans.
*Guide customers in the installation and use of strategic products through education and guidance, first-use and tuning assistance problem solving and critical situation resolution.
Systems Analysis – Mainframe Development
* Systems analysis/mainframe development services
* Coding and testing in support of service requests and problems received from customers.
* COBOL II and use z/OS Compiler;
* Job Control Language (JCL), SAS (Statistical
Analysis Systems), Customer Information Control System (CICS), Virtual Storage Access Method
(VSAM), IBM DB2 Enterprise Server Edition (DB2), Integrated Database Management System (IDMS),
ORACLE, Model 204.
* Tools; CA7, TSO ISPF, SyncSort, ENDEVOR.
* Develop, update and maintain Medical, Financial, mainframe based IT systems.
The Contractor shall:
1. Write, execute, analyze benchmark programs to test proposed new software features.
2. Establish controls for accurate and timely product.
3. Quality assurance procedures and coordinate with all necessary elements to ensure products conform to customer's requirements
4. Participate in the estimation process of projects.
5. Provide application programming support.
6. Maintain, update input screens, batch modules, edit modules.
7. Maintain and update application modules and the associated JCL, copybooks, PROCS, ITOPS IO projects.
8. Coordinate all work with other ITOPS IO application programmers and system programmers.
9. Analyze and recommend a test management process: analyze an application and determine testing requirements, develop test plans, create test cases and perform tests runs, report and track defects in the application and document the code changes and provide progress reports. Ideas to the COR/VA PM(s) for approval prior to any
10. New software is integrated with existing software.
11. Design and document output formats for printed file records and reports, depict each position the program/module is to print or display.
12. Design and document each data field and verify that the data field is large enough to accommodate the largest possible value it might contain and to allow for possible expansion.
13. Document the detailed logic required by the program/module and all of its processing steps.
14. Analyze production problems and research solutions.
15. Status updates of multiple efforts to co-workers, team leaders and supervisors.
16. Design and document the overall software process flow to include interfacing systems.
17. Inform the Project Manager of any identified risks pertaining to the project.
18. Resolve all action items assigned resulting from product reviews and process audits.
19. Attend project meetings, conduct peer reviews, and participate in product reviews of the
Requirements and Design Specification documents.
20. Convey explanations and details to requirements and service requests, orally and in writing.
21. Utilize a change, configuration and release management product to create a new support request, retrieve and modify an existing support request, and close a support request.
22. Perform production callback, including outside normal duty hours, weekends, and holidays.
23. Adhere to all ITOPS IO program and naming standards
• 10 years senior-level experience
• Engineering, Computer Science, scientific /technical discipline,
• Masters Degree or 10 years of experience in lieu of degree
Extensive mainframe experience.
POSITION SENSITIVITY: High Tier 3
TRAVEL: (Yes or No)No
VIRTUAL: (Yes or No)No
EXPECTED START DATE: 09/10/18
EXPECTED PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: 3 YEARS