|Jul 30, 2018
Project Manager IOSS 065
Data center optimization and consolidation support
Locations: Philadelphia, PA PITC
LABOR CATEGORY DESCRIPTION:
* Project Manager managing Information Technology related projects.
* Life cycle and project management methodologies.
* Tracking costs, schedule and performance progress.
* Identify and mitigate risks.
* Data center optimization and consolidation support
* ITOPS IO NDCOL is charged with developing and implementing data center optimization and
consolidation across the VA enterprise.
* Support short-term efforts at multiple data
centers aimed at collecting and analyzing data in support of NDCOL projects.
* Extensive travel, travel-related expenses in accordance with paragraph 4.3 above will be paid for on-site
work that is greater than 50 miles from the Contractor's approved duty station.
* Program/project management of data center consolidation activities.
* Physical and logical site surveys to collect data on installed IT services, systems, and equipment.
* Analysis and assessment of collected information.
* Recommendations based on the assessments in support of IT system optimization
and consolidation program activities.
* Meet with customers, gather requirements, determine needs, make recommendations for project tasks and schedule.
* Schedule and oversee the installation and de-installation of products, obtain acceptance and approval from Government representative.
* Provide escort for data center activities performed by others as approved by the government.
* Adhere to task order specifications, office policies and procedures by reporting any noted discrepancies to the responsible Government manager.
BS Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific/technical discipline plus 10 years of experience. additional 8 years of experience may be substituted for education.
• Project management (PMP certification preferred but not required)
• Knowledgeable with past experience on technology or facility related projects
• Interpersonal communication within a complex enterprise organization
• Technical communication with attention to detail
• Understanding of implied tasks and interdependencies
• Integration of complex information into structured data sets using standard office software
• IT equipment hardware (servers, virtual hosts, storage devices, switches, etc.)
• Knowledge of data center design and operations.
LOCATION: Philadelphia Information Technology Center
EXPECTED START DATE: 7/30/18
EXPECTED PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: 3/14/18 - 3/6/19 with two possible one year option periods through 3/6/21
ANTICAPTED HOURS: 40 hours per week
PROGRAM/TASK ORDER: IOSS
MINIMUM EDUCATION/MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific/technical discipline plus 10 years of experience. And additional 8 years of experience may be substituted for education.
SUBCONTRACTOR REPORTING REQUIREMENTS: (If your Program has specific reporting needs, please include as applicable to the work to be performed.)
1) Accurate and timely, weekly SLICS system submissions
2) Monthly IOSS Status Reports – due the first business day of every month