|Jul 10, 2018
Project Manager (0053)
Location: Hines, IL
LABOR CATEGORY DESCRIPTION: A Project Manager must have experience managing Information Technology related projects. Must be well versed in life cycle and project management methodologies. Must have experience in tracking costs, schedule and performance progress. Must be able to identify and mitigate risks.
Data center optimization and consolidation support
ITOPS IO NDCOL is charged with developing and implementing data center optimization and consolidation across the VA enterprise.
The Contractor shall support short-term efforts at multiple data centers aimed at collecting and analyzing data in support of NDCOL projects. As these projects require
extensive travel, travel-related expenses in accordance with paragraph 4.3 above will be paid for on-site
work that is greater than 50 miles from the Contractor's approved duty station.
1. Conduct program and project management of data center consolidation activities.
2. Conduct physical and logical site surveys to collect data on installed IT services, systems, and equipment.
3. Provide analysis and assessment of collected information.
4. Provide recommendations based on the assessments in support of IT system optimization and consolidation program activities.
5. Meet with customers gather requirements, determine needs, make recommendations for project tasks and schedule.
6. Schedule and oversee the installation and de-installation of products, and obtain acceptance and approval from a Government representative only.
7. Provide escort for data center activities performed by others as approved by the government.
8. Adhere to task order specifications, office policies and procedures by reporting any noted discrepancies to the responsible Government manager.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific/technical discipline plus 10 years of experience.
8 years of experience may be substituted for education.
• Project management (PMP certification preferred but not required)
• Knowledgeable with past experience on technology or facility related projects
• Interpersonal communication within a complex enterprise organization
• Technical communication with attention to detail
• Understanding of implied tasks and interdependencies
• Integration of complex information into structured data sets using standard office software
LOCATION: Hines Information Technology Center
EXPECTED START DATE: 7/30/18
EXPECTED PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE:
3/14/18 - 3/6/19 with two possible one year option periods through 3/6/21
ANTICAPTED HOURS: 40 hours per week
PROGRAM/TASK ORDER: IOSS
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific/technical discipline plus 10 years of experience. additional 8 years of experience may be substituted for education.