|Jul 5, 2018
SYSTEM ENGINEER, SR., CLOUD (0051)
Location: Austin, TX
LABOR CATEGORY DESCRIPTION: A Sr. Cloud Systems Engineer provides technical support in system architecture, system design, system integration and technical management. Assists in providing technical input to the systems engineering process for cloud-based systems. Leads teams in developing application and technical plans. Guide customers in the installation and use of strategic products through education and guidance, first-use and tuning assistance problem solving and critical situation resolution.
THE CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE REQUIRED SKILLS:
• DevOps, Scripting, Configuration Management, and Infrastructure automation.
• Skilled at working collaboratively with cross-organizational VA teams to deploy and automate infrastructure and application systems
• Automate and streamline processes
• Build and maintain operational tools
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test and production environments.
• Provisioning cloud resources
• Perform cloud management
• Manage cloud specific tool sets
• Setup and maintenance of cloud platforms
• Coordinate with Enterprise Architects and Administrators for integration with application, network and cloud services.
• Develop and maintain accurate documentation for internal procedures and services
• Amazon or Azure Cloud Certification.
• Expertise in working in defense or intelligence community Cloud environments, including AWS GovCloud, MilCloud, or Microsoft Azure Government (MAG).
• Using Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Web Application Security Assessment (WASA), and/or National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) protocols and standards.
• Experience with security and compliance with various industry standards like HIPAA, PHI, CIS Benchmarks etc.
• Strong understanding of networking, containers, and fault tolerance
• Experience implementing strategies such as blue-green deployments, phoenix environments, immutable infrastructure, and infrastructure as code.
• SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus).
• Prior Web Application Development.
• Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
• Experience with Ansible, AWS Cloud Formation, MAG Resource Manager
POSITION SENSITIVITY: High/Tier 3
LOCATION: AITC, AUSTIN, TX
EXPECTED START DATE: ASAP
EXPECTED PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: THRU MARCH 2021