|Jun 28, 2018
SYSTEM ARCHITECT “CLOUD”
Location: Austin, TX
Clearance: VA Public Trust
LABOR CATEGORY DESCRIPTION:
Cloud System Architect understand the relationship between applications, operating systems, hardware and software. Must have experience in creating a network architecture that takes all factors of a network into consideration such as functional requirements, technical considerations, business processes and end users. Must have experience in creating a wide variety of IT system architectures that are beneficial and can be implemented. Must have experience in total system design including networks.
• Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent.
• Use a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud services.
• Experience in practical application of lifecycle system engineering for IT Infrastructure.
• Understanding of code and script (Java, .NET, PHP, Python, PowerShell, Perl and/or Ruby).
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service (e.g., SRE).
• Preferably experienced with, AWS and/or Azure.
• Excellent relationship building skills while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree computer science, software engineering, information systems, or equivalent technical discipline 4 years of cloud technology experience.
• Amazon or Azure Cloud Certification.
• Expertise in working in defense or intelligence community Cloud environments, including AWS GovCloud, MilCloud, or Microsoft Azure Government (MAG).
• Experience using Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Web Application Security Assessment (WASA), and/or National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) protocols and standards.
• Experience with security and compliance with various industry standards like HIPAA, PHI, and CIS Benchmarks etc.
• Experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus).
• Prior Web Application Development.
• Knowledge of, and preferably experienced with, Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
• Familiarity or experience with AWS Cloud Formation, and MAG Resource Manager.
• Master’s Degree in relevant technical discipline.
• 8 years of work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
• Design, implement, and maintain internal and external Cloud-based solutions and infrastructure that span across multiple public and private Clouds and regions, including Azure, AWS, and client data centers.
• Automate management and orchestration tasks, streamline processes, and perform standard administration functions, as needed.
• Analyze procedures to automate various systems and tasks, including automating code builds and deployments.
• Conduct systems upgrade and maintenance.
• Alerting and monitoring.
• Define functional and operational requirements.
• Create high-level specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems or platforms.
• Research and promote new DevOps tools to simplify processes and identify opportunities for improving existing processes or implementing new process automation.
• Assist security team with reviewing system security to prevent, detect, and respond to threats
• Managing production and non-production support issues as they arise.
• Work in collaboration with architects to represent DevOps during the design and development of software or extensive revisions to existing applications.
• Work with heads of internal groups to find innovative solutions to their problems and make recommendations.
• Telework: Yes, Up to Three (3) days
• Performed virtually (100% Remote Access) (Yes/No): YES