|May 14, 2018
System Network Architect:
Location: Austin TX - Virtual possible - must live nearby.
Duration: Through 2021
Public Trust Clearance
PayRate: W2 $54/hr 1099 $59/hr
* System Architect experience and understand the
relationship between applications, operating systems,
hardware and software.
* Creating a Network Architecture, functional requirements,
technical considerations, business processes and end users.
* Creating a wide variety of IT system architectures that
are beneficial and can be implemented.
* Total system design including networks.
* Infrastructure requirements for system design,
* Implement from following administrative disciplines:
• Operating System (Windows, Linux, zOS, UNIX, or OpenVMS)
• Database (Oracle, SQL, Cache, MySQL)
• Application (WebLogic, WebSphere, Tuxedo, Apache)
• Gather, describe, document functional, system
requirements using processes and methods in a broad range
of IT activities and in-depth analysis
• Participate on VA project Integrated Project Teams (IPTs)
• Initiate IPTs with (SMEs)in requirements gathering and
system design phases
• Design infrastructure components to meet system
• Integration of all system components (applications,
databases, storage, networking, operating system, virtual
server, and/or hardware) within system designs are
interoperable and meet the system requirements; consider
risks and assumptions, documenting and communicating
• Ensure system designs and implementations adhere to VA
and IO policies and procedures, information security and
information assurance principles and practices
• Feasibility studies and trade-off analyses; analysis must
be completed in the context of local, national and federal
• Create, develop, submit Architecture Solution Worksheets
(ASWs) to IO’s CDCO Architecture Discussion (CAD) meeting;
ensure accuracy and quality of ASWs
• Participate from design through implementation process
• Assess and forecast infrastructure capacity, with system
design and/or technical refresh planning efforts
• Gather, describe, and document functional and system
requirements of inherited, existing systems when requested
• Develop cost estimates for new and modified systems
• Maintain architectural drawings of current systems
• Ensure changes to architecture are documented and
maintained within CMDB through use of Change Orders (COs)
• Needs analyses to define opportunities for new or
improved business process solutions
• Collaborate with other Infrastructure Architects to
ensure multiple design options considered
• Maintain knowledge of current industry standards and
technologies; provide knowledge transfer and/or on-the-job
LOCATION: AITC, AUSTIN, TX. ONSITE IS HIGHLY PREFERRED.
VIRTUAL: POSSIBLE. NEW HIRES WILL BE EXPECTED TO BE ONSITE
AT THE AUSTIN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CENTER (AITC) FOR SIX
(6) TO EIGHT (8) WEEKS FOR ONBOARDING.