|Apr 12, 2018
LABOR CATEGORY: Applications/Systems Analyst, Senior
POSITION NAME: Data Analyst/Tableau Report Writer
Data Analyst/Tableau SQL Report Writer
* Take Work data intake projects in IO from design development to implementation
* Key focuses on SQL based reports, some Tableau reporting, dashboard development and supporting documentation
* Data analytics end to end business needs: Facilities, Infrastructure operations, Asset Data, Data Center Consolidation.
* IT experience in analysis, design, integration of information systems and commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS), development software.
* Understand structured analysis and design methodologies for the translation of systems requirements from business needs with a proven track record.
* Evaluate cost factors and risk.
* Intake projects consist of manipulating data from all aspects of IO, in order to provide data analytics for end to end business needs; Facilities, Infrastructure operations, Asset Data, and Data Center Consolidation.
* Reviewing, understanding, interpreting this data.
* Documenting data, reporting requirements, project planning, management, execution, training, QAe.
* Maintenance and modification of existing reports.
NOTE: Position is critical to data center consolidation, working the presentation layer for data for decision makers and senior leadership in their consolidation strategy.
1. Requirements analysis for current/new system features, capabilities, limitations, design/engineer new system capabilities to meet requirements in an architect capacity.
2. Administer, design, maintain real time dashboards integrating data from numerous data sources into web based dashboard displays that update in real time.
o Example technologies Edge Technologies’ AppBoard, enPortal, IBM Real Time Monitoring, similar dashboard systems that update in real time.
3. Administer, design and maintain custom business intelligence reports for static, “point in time” reporting systems such as IBM Cognos, Tableau, Microstrategy and other similar systems.
4. Define, design, develop, deliver flexible/user friendly reports and operational dashboards with “drill-thru" features that meet business users needs and ensure data security.
5. Verify correctness and completeness of data model, data relationships, mappings, and definitions.
6. Develop and deliver operational dashboards based on SQL queries and Web Services calls to seamlessly integrate a wide variety of data source including performance monitoring/network monitoring data sources.
7. Interface dashboard technologies with data sources and data provided through a virtual data federation layer such as Denodo virtual data federation.
8. Develop, using java programming skills, custom capabilities for dashboard technologies and develop custom interfaces to integrate dashboard tools with 3rd party products.
9. Report hours in the SDE EO time reporting system.
Self-motivated and assertive
Ability to set priorities and adapt to changes in a quick and professional manner.
Excellent oral and written communication skills;
Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at every level
Ability to use discretion when handling confidential information
Strong analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills
LOCATION: Austin TX
TRAVEL: No VIRTUAL: No
EXPECTED START DATE: 5/1/18
DURATION: Through 3/6/21
HOURS: 40 hours per week
BSCS, Engineering, Math, 5 years of experience.
8 years of relevant experience substituted for education.