|Apr 5, 2018
SENIOR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR, STORAGE Specialist
LOCATION: AITC, PITC, HITC, CRRC
Austin TX, Philadelphia PA, Hines IL
Program through 2021
Senior System Administrator
* Create plans to manage operations, maintenance of systems and/or networks.
* Manage teams of system admins, prioritize work, identify high risk critical problems and dedicate appropriate resources.
* Knowledge of a wide variety of systems and networks of high volume/high availability systems.
* Storage administration for storage platforms; HP, Hitachi, EMC, NetApp hardware
* Storage for IBM OS/390 and Open Systems operating system software supporting EIS infrastructure for 24/7 availability.
* Enterprise storage management software: HP Command View, HP StorageWorks Performance Advisor and HP Web Console, EMC VIPR/SRM, EMC Control Center, EMC Timefinder, EMC SRDF, Symmetrix Manager, Symmetrix Optimizer, Workload Analyzer, SAN Manager, EMC Navisphere, Snapview, Mirrorview, Storage Scope, Storage Scope File Level Reporter, SAN Advisor, Cisco Fabric Manager, Connectrix Manager and Automated Resources Manager utilizing GUI and command line utilities.
The Contractor shall experience in the following:
• Mainframe storage administration
• Open Systems storage administration (Windows, Solaris, Linux(Red Hat), AIX,HP/UX, Open VMS)
Advanced storage administration skills:
• Storage Virtualization
• Enterprise Storage Migrations
• Capacity Management
• Performance Management
• Advanced Troubleshooting techniques
• Ability to work in a complex multi-tiered heterogeneous multi-vendor environment (minimum of 1 PB under management across multiple sites)
• Storage Systems Architect
• API scripting for all storage management platforms
• Advanced skills with EXCEL
• C/C++, Java, Perl, Python, Bash, PowerShell, Swift. Perl, Bash, Java)
• Advanced SAN fabric administration skills
o SAN Architect
o Multi-Protocol including
? FC, FCOE, FCIP, ISCSI, Ethernet-TC/IP
o Capacity Management
o Performance Management
o Fabric Tuning
o Advanced Troubleshooting techniques
o Migration experience
TELEWORK: AVAILABLE AFTER A PERIOD OF TIME DETERMINED BY THE VA.
EXPECTED START DATE: ASAP
EXPECTED PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: MARCH 2021
ANTICIPATED HOURS: 40, 2ND SHIFT, 3PM – 12AM/CT
PROGRAM/TASK ORDER: IOSS
MINIMUM EDUCATION/ MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education Level Degree In Yrs. exp. Substitutions
Master's Degree Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required. 10 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education