|Dec 21, 2017
Windows Server Administrator
Location: Carson CA
Certifications: CompTIA Security +CE, MCSE or MCSA
Clearances: Interim Secret or higher
• Windows server administration, STIG compliance, checklists, SCAP Scanning, resolving ACAS Scanning vulnerabilities.
• Monthly system maintenance tasks, patching of servers and resolve vulnerabilities as needed.
• Create/modify PowerShell scripts to streamline the process with some Active Directory functions.
• Schedule, install and test system software upgrades for Domain Controllers and Member Servers within environment.
• Maintain a robust and resilient infrastructure for DCMA's authorization and authentication requirements
• Advanced troubleshooting of WSUS, DNS, DHCP, and IIS
• Support integrity of the Active Directory environment and various computer systems.
• Part of the Active Directory team regarding AD issues to messaging administrators, programmers, web developers, network security engineers, database analysts, field services technicians, network managers, and implementation teams
• Build and maintain partnerships with agency and Active Directory support clients
• Develop, implement and update disaster recovery plans for supported systems
• Strong Active Directory background, and demonstrated success in this area in previous work
• Resolve TIER III level tickets (Master level) quickly based on expertise within Active Directory
• Intermediate level experience managing a large scale Enterprise environment with multiple Domains.
• Intermediate level experience troubleshooting server issues and diagnosing root cause of issue
• Virtualization and server consolidation using VMware Virtual Infrastructure and associated tools.
• Must have in-depth experience in supporting at an Intermediate Level:
o Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure, including Hands-on experience administering Microsoft Active Directory
o 2008/2012 in a multi-site and multi-domain organization
o Microsoft WSUS infrastructure
o ADFS infrastructure
o DNS infrastructure
o AD Replication
• Group Policies, WMI Filtering and understanding the importance of Precedence within them.
• Intermediate level experience with Terminal Server (TS) Technology and licensing.
• PKI Infrastructure to include DoD Certs and ADFS Infrastructure
• PowerShell scripts with the ability to create and modify scripts as needed within environment.
• Review Enterprise server infrastructure, and take proactive measures to ensure continued stability, and assist in the development and/or revision of server based standards, guidelines and policies as determined by internal stake holders
• Troubleshoot with minimum guidance to resolve issues with servers, server operating system and software, including experience troubleshooting issues in a high availability production environment, load balancers, disaster recovery and encryption
• Standards/Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, SMTP, RPC, HTTPS; forest to forest trusts
• Scripting on Windows Server 2008 – 2012, IIS and networking concepts, VPN’ s, etc.
• Must be willing to work on call and after hours to support Operations worldwide.
• Maintain and understand systems, regulatory requirements, and security of hosting systems
• Develop, document and participate in system disaster recovery tests, in accordance with DCMA policy, on a quarterly basis to ensure data integrity and availability
• Abreast of current developments in server technology to assist Federal staff in assessing the future direction of server technology
• Active directory concepts and configuration security groups, inherited rights, delegation, OU structure, object types and attributes
• Ability to create and manage Group Policies including GPO precedence, enforcement and blocking
• Work successfully in a large team environment, with individual accountability
• Microsoft PowerShell scripting
• Domain migrations & consolidation
• Work in a team environment with little to no supervision
• Communication skills in order to be able to participate in customer meetings
• BatchPatch software a plus