|Aug 1, 2017
Training Development Coordinator
Listed as Senior Administrative Clerk
Location: Linthicum, MD
Supervision under the Director of Human Resources.
Plan/prioritize work to meet defined goals and objectives. Develops plans for projects and programs, coordination with other departments and/or outside organizations.
Seek out partnerships to fulfill strategic goals.
Training and Development Coordinator
• Shape the learning, development, onboarding, continuous training.
• Develop a learning organization fostering leadership development, employee performance excellence.
• Human Resources Department Training Coordinator.
• Promote training, grow the training program.
• Determine training priorities, assess training programs.
• Work with staff, develop plans, solutions.
• Liaison with parties, organize, facilitates work-groups
• Establish, maintain, manage based on department needs
• Responsible for internal and external communication on department training initiatives.
• Point of contact for the Training Program
• Assist subject matter experts with the development and appropriate delivery methods for course content
• Skills to meet the training needs of the various jobs in the USAF and Department of Defense (DoD)
• Current on specific certification requirements
• Secure Training resources to meet the training needs
• On occasion conduct or facilitate training
• Administrative functions of the training program, overseeing/administering training related contracts.
• Monitor expenditures, supplies, SW, systems, equipment.
• Know USAF/DoD training requirements, design, development;
• Instructional design models most appropriate, effective for educating adults with various learning styles
• Different instruction design for variety of delivery methods;
• Knowledge of presentation technologies and methods;
• Components of training and education program planning;
• Research methods to determine training needs;
• Dynamics of organizational change
• Concepts of a learning organization;
• Management principles, leadership training plans
• Using computers, computer systems
• Knowledge of learning management systems.
• Strong organizational skills;
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Critical thinking; Problem solving;
• Knowledge of human resources principles and practices.
• Evaluate effectiveness of a course or training program;
• Employ strategic skills to plan long term
• Establish priorities for making effective decisions;
• Interpret regulations, instructions, apply to business needs;
• Constructive feedback, assist with design,
• Consultation regarding training delivery;
• Speak in public to both large and small groups
• Effectively facilitate work groups;
• Propose training and development programs and objectives to strategic business partners for strategic goals;
• Work with individuals, groups, determine instructional needs;
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
• Knowledge of current and future training, presentation technology;
• Consult & influence managers, maximize organizational effectiveness;
• Coaching/consulting to managers regarding workforce planning and employee training and development;
• Track and report key metrics to business leaders;
• Create, advise on and manage the training budget;
• Work with audiences and personality types, leadership, managers, supervisors, employees, and contractors.
• BS Education, communication, business or a related field
• Experience related to training and education is preferred
• Self-motivate, generate enthusiasm among staff, stakeholders;
• Ability to manage and develop successful teams;