|Jun 26, 2017
Systems Engineer Sr
Location: Arlington, VA
Clearance: DOD Top Secret
• Member of the Operations Support Team.
• Balance the execution of systems engineering
projects with routine engineering & Tier IV escalations.
• Provide full lifecycle support for systems
engineering tasks as well as hands-on implementations of
high profile projects, performance of core IT functions
including data communications and network-based
applications and services.
• Technical planning, system integration,
verification and validation, and cost, risk,
supportability, and effectiveness analyses for total
• Design, plan, & execute significant IT projects
to support Joint Staff requirements.
• Ensure logical & systematic conversion of
customer & product requirements into solutions
• Mentor of junior level engineers and lead teams
in technical task completion. Presentations and reports
as well as participate in meetings involving staff,
Government customers, and visitors.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Member of the engineering team, responsible for the
technical planning, system integration,
verification/validation & supportability for total
systems prior to being deployed to the network. He/she
will support equipment & applications in a Microsoft
Windows environment from design to implementation. Will
perform a wide variety of installation, configuration &
upgrading of workstations, servers & related hardware and
software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment.
Provide investigation, diagnostic testing and
repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and
• Research and evaluate emerging technologies and
• Participate in rotation providing after hours on-
• Respond to security incidents and system faults,
analyzing and correcting applications or system faults to
• Troubleshoot and analyze problems with SCCM and
• Understanding of Java and virtual applications.
• Maintain and update relevant system and process
• Establish and maintain a strong working
relationship with all team members.
• Successfully manage time and technical
responsibilities, set accurate expectations and meet
deliverable deadlines while working in a team and
information sharing environment.
• Strong understanding of enterprise, network,
system and application level security issues.
• Understanding of system hardening, tools,
guidelines and benchmarks and encryption technologies.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
• Understanding of .net and C# language.
• Experience using Visual Studio and Eclipse.
• Understanding of databases SQL and SQL management
• Understanding of application virtualization and
testing with Power Shell scripts.
Required Certifications: 8570 IAT Level 2 Complaint -
Security+ CE with Microsoft Server 2008 R2 or Server 2012
Education and Years of Experience: Bachelor’s degree in
a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined
education, with 9+ years of relevant experience; or 7
years of professional experience with a related Master’s
Contact Karan Oberoi at 301-217-0425 *