|Jun 23, 2017
|Ft Meade, MD
Senior Systems Administrator (Server Backup/Storage Management)
Client : US Army
Location: Arlington/ Pentagon, VA
Duration : Long term
US Citizen with Active Top Secret MUST
Required Certifications ( MUST)
• 8570 IAT Level 2 compliant - Security+ CE
• Microsoft Server 2012 certification (MS 2008 acceptable with six months to update to 2012)
• Configuration, maintenance, and administration of the Joint Staff (JS) Windows 2008/2012 server environment.
• Apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments, and functions as a technical expert.
• Evaluate system performance results and recommends changes affecting growth and success
• Follow JS/JSP operating procedures
• Daily support and assistance for computer systems using the Windows platform
o Routine system health checks, maintenance, repairs, and upgrades during non-business hours or as coordinated with the Government in accordance
o Test and install operating system upgrades, patches and hardware changes
o System back-ups. Restore functions to ensure data availability & survivability of JS information
o Troubleshooting for other employees, work online, and over the phone for a technical-support service, and work as part of a team of administrators.
o Keep security software up to date and maintain machines and servers
• Managing and maintaining computer systems and tools; finding and fixing issues within systems; and implementing, monitoring, and building tools that automate repetitive tasks to minimize errors and prevent downtime. Troubleshoots network systems and database structures when necessary and makes recommendations for improvement.
• Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
• Designing, planning, implementing, and having the highest level of performance as an expert in the system administration for computers and their complex operating systems.
• Research and select upgrades, software and other necessities for DoD computer systems.
• Update/ back up all data, monitor networks, & recommend solutions for problems to management.
• Work with administrators to resolve or implement new hardware for computers, printers & other service systems for the customer. Assess large-scale system projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
• Plan, organize, evaluate and redesign system designs to have them work better for the customer.
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
• 3-5 years’ experience with LAN/WAN infrastructures; and installing, migrating, and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012 and Windows 7 platforms.
• Knowledge & hands-on experience supporting Windows platforms, tools and technologies.