|May 11, 2017
End Client - Navy Federal in Vienna, VA
MUST be US Citizen or Green Card
The Controls Analyst must be capable of performing the following tasks for the GL Replacement project:
• Managing and allocating tasks, tracking status, generating reports;
• Interviewing stakeholders to gain information regarding pain points with current GL system;
• Documenting and analyzing pain points;
• Synthesizing data and identifying appropriate reporting approaches;
The Controls Analyst must be capable of performing the following tasks for controls documentation and testing:
• Assessing user controls as to whether they have a financial statement impact;
• Extracting and documenting control/process information from the business when needed;
• Understanding control requirements and developing related test procedures;
• Assessing the user control documentation to determine whether the control is adequately designed to meet the user control objective;
• Performing and documenting testing; and
• Assessing results of testing for effectiveness of control and identifying observations.
The Controls Analyst must be capable of gaining an understanding of, documenting, and presenting processes and controls. This documentation includes flow charts, process step description in NFCU’s “metadata” format, narratives, and control matrices.
The Controls Analyst has experience with business process documentation, experience with controls documentation and assessment, business user interviewing skills, and research skills as well as exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Ideally, the Controls Analyst is capable of researching and identifying an appropriate data/fraud testing tool (e.g. ACL, IDEA) and training the Internal Risk & Controls (IRC) team in the use of it.
Nice to have: Database familiarity