|Oct 9, 2015
Configuration Management Specialist Sr ( Level 3)
(Hardware CM Position)
Location: Washington, DC 20024
Duration : 3-5 years
US Citizen or Green Card/ EAD or TN Visa (Clearable to Public Trust)
Existing DOD Clearance if any, would be retained)
Telecommute for 1 day is possible after few months
Flexi-timings might be worked out : 40 hrs a week
• Directs and participates in the application of FAA and NAS related configuration management (CM) policies to ensure appropriate control of NAS system components and elements both nationally and regionally.
• Responsible to coordinate the efforts of all Regional, Center, IPT CM personnel in areas dealing with National CM. This effort includes the generation and distribution of training manuals and other job enhancing products including selection of CM tools and various support programs designed to improve communication between and increase the productivity of regional managers.
• Provide extensive advice and guidance to the FAA on all aspects of Configuration Management.
• Support Headquarters driven items such as process re-engineering, coordination and selection of CM tools, guidance and comments on processes, procedures, directives, transition and CM plans.
• Expertise are required to generate technical briefings for Configuration Change Board (CCB) functions including scheduling and operational quality as well as provide all infrastructures for CCB support and process coordination including change proposal development.
• Audit regional site adherence to operational effectiveness within National CM guidelines and provide detailed reporting on the findings and identifying action items.
• Recommend CM training and certification opportunities
• Change processing, evaluating change packages and controlling an extensive database of drawings and CM oriented materials while following FAA procedures and processes
• Interacting with the National configuration authority and Regional Configuration Managers
• Maintaining and updating of key Baseline facilities as identified within the Regional Configuration Item listing, revising and updating drawings; validation of drawings generated by engineering personnel is necessary.
• Responsible for initiating Regional Configuration Control Board (RCCB) meetings or equivalent, this includes associated tasks to support the change control process
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
• Minimum 6 years of related experience or Master’s degree with 4 years or PhD with 2 years related experience